Final inspection and your Bond
As with all tenancies, a final inspection will be carried out on your property following the return of the keys. In order to refund full bond monies, it is important that the property is left in the same condition as noted on the property condition report. It is also important that a copy of the carpet cleaning account and flea treatment (where pets are at the property) is given to our office when the keys are returned. This will avoid the situation of our office arranging the carpet cleaning and deducting from the bond when carpets have already been cleaned.
As a guide, we have listed items that will need to be attended to, although the property should match that as stated in the ingoing Property Condition Report, minus fair wear and tear which covers items such as old flaking paint and worn carpet in high traffic areas.
• Lawns must be mowed, edged, raked, well watered and gardens weeded.
• Council bins should be emptied and left in a clean state.
• Cobwebs to be removed from outside the property as well as inside.
• All interior walls washed down with sugar soap. Paying particular attention around light switches and doors.
• Clean the backs and front of all dors, paying particular attention around the handles and along the sides.
• Carpets are to be professionally cleaned using a professional carpet cleaner (receipts to be provided when handing back keys.) Please vacuum the carpet first for best results.
• All windows are to be cleaned to the same standard as they were at the lease commencement, as stated in the Property Condition Report.
• Window tracks and sills should be cleaned.
• Dust all skirting boards and door frames.
• Wash all light shades and replace any globes which are blown.
• Clean shelves and cupboards, cupboard doors, pantry, linen press and laundry trough.
• Wash curtains, dust vertical and venetian blinds.
• Exhaust fans/range hoods and air conditioning filters to be free of dust and grease.
• Ovens, stove tops, dishwashers including filters and grills to be cleaned.
• Shower recess and bathroom tiles to be free of grime and mould.
• Swimming pools are to be cleaned, filled and chemically balanced
• Driveways, verandahs and pathways to be swept.
• Professionally repair any damage you have caused during your tenancy.
• If you have a pet, you must bring a receipt for fumigation of the property, into our office when you bring your keys in.
Please note that this is only a guide and that you should refer to the Property Condition Report which was issued at the commencement of your Tenancy to conclude on how the premises should be left.
It is the tenant’s responsibility to contact the Property Manager within 24 hours of returning keys to enquire as to any maintenance or cleaning required following the inspection. This will avoid the costs of engaging cleaners and deducting from the bond.
Bond Disposal Form
You must also provide a forwarding address and once the outgoing inspection has been carried out, all parties to the lease must sign a bond disposal form authorising closure of bond monies. This form cannot be signed until all deductions (if any) are noted. Please ensure you notify any relevant departments of your forwarding address and arrange redirection of mail to avoid it being returned to sender.
Please ensure that rent is paid until vacation. It is an offence under Section 52 of the Residential Tenancies Act for the tenant to stop paying rent on the assumption that it will be deducted from the Bond. A penalty of $5,000 applies.
Electricity / Telephone / Gas
It is the tenants’ responsibility to ensure power, phone and gas are disconnected at the time of vacating. Please ensure carpets have been cleaned prior to the vacate date. Shower power be required after the vacate date in relation to finalisation of the bond (eg cleaning, carpet cleaning etc.) and power needs to be reconnected, the tenant will be liable for any costs incurred in having the power reconnected. Albany Elite Property accepts no responsibility where the tenant is charged for power, phone or gas beyond vacation.