VACATING GUIDE FOR TENANTS
Final Inspection and your Bond
As with all tenancies, a final inspection will be carried out on your property following the return of the keys. In order to refund full bond monies it is important that the property is left in the same condition as noted on the property condition report. It is also important that a copy of the carpet cleaning account and flea treatment (where pets at the property) is given to our office when the keys are returned. This will avoid the situation of our office arranging the carpet cleaning and deducting from the bond when carpets have already been cleaned.
Particular attention should be made to the following items:
- Lawn mowing, edging, pruning & weeding of lawns & garden beds
- Cleaning of Oven/Grill/ Stove/Control Panel
- Cleaning of toilets(including behind the cistern)/baths/showers & basins
- Exhaust fans
- Remove any stains or marks from floor coverings
- Cleaning of Skirting Boards
- Cleaning of Sliding Doors & Flyscreens
- Cleaning of Windows inside and outside including tracks
- Cleaning of Curtains, Verticals and Blinds
- Remove Cobwebs from inside and outside
- Furniture to original setting (if applicable)
- Carpets must be professionally steam cleaned and not dry cleaned, by a carpet cleaner approved by Ray White Albany.
- We will not accept self shampooing
It is the tenants’ responsibility to contact the Property Manager within 24 hours of returning keys to enquire as to any maintenance or cleaning required following the inspection. This will avoid the costs of engaging cleaners and deducting from the bond.
Bond Disposal Form
You must also provide a forwarding address and once the outgoing inspection has been carried out, all parties to the lease must sign a bond disposal form authorising closure of bond monies. This form cannot be signed until all deductions (if any) are noted. Please ensure you notify any relevant departments of your forwarding address and arrange redirection of mail to avoid it being returned to sender.
Please ensure that rent is paid until vacation. It is an offence under the Residential Tenancies Act for the tenant to stop paying rent on the assumption that it will be deducted from the Bond.
It is the tenants’ responsibility to ensure power and phone disconnection at the time of vacating. Please ensure carpets have been cleaned prior to the power being disconnected. Ray White accepts no responsibility where the tenant is charged for power/phone beyond vacation.